SHENLEY NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
STEERING GROUP MEETING at METHODIST CHURCH
MONDAY 18th FEBRUARY 2019 at 7PM
Attendees: Nicky Beaton* (NB, Chair), Martin Finney* (MF), Rosemary Gilligan* (RG, Vice Chair), Richard Archer* (RA), Rachel Shaw* (RS), Julie Lloyd (JL), Angela Koch (AK), Gavin O Sullivan (GS*), William Susman (WS), Amanda Leboff (AL) *denotes Steering Group
Apologies: Sharon Madsen, Gemma Archer*
Minutes and Action Points from 07/01/19:
- Approval of previous minutes: Minutes of the meeting on 7th January 2019.
- Date on minutes to be corrected
- Point 4 – MF informed there are 443 TPOs on the old hospital site. It was AGREED that AL and WS would check the list of TPOs that are on the proposed sites.
- HBC consultation schedule – it was suggested it doesn’t look like there will be any further consultation before Draft Plan published.
- The draft letter to be signed by SPC confirming that the NP cannot and does not allocate sites has not yet been actioned by AK
- Revised Draft Shenley Plan
- Objective 13 now includes Radlett Lane, Woodhall Lane and Green Street
- Harris Lane has now been added to the list of Priority projects
- SH1 noted the pictures currently included show the diversity already existing in the village.
- Policy SH4 – AGREED the need to increase 1-3 bed homes and more affordable homes. AK noted the importance of being able to extend homes.
- Suggested to add the sentence “development will be considered on own individual merit”
- In advance of the health check on Thursday 21st Feb it was AGREED the following Steering Group members will be responsible for a specific Policy section/s as listed: –
- SH1 Rural Character and SH3 New Rural Edge Code MF
- SH2 Rural Building Code RS
- SH4 Housing Mix and Choices RG
- SH5 Connecting Shenley Village and SH6 Community
Infrastructure facilities NB
- SH7 Local knowledge for Good Design and SH8 Building
for life 12 Quality mark RA
All to prepare accordingly.
- Steering Group AGREED with changes to the plan and APPROVED the draft plan to be tabled at the Health Check on 21st
- AK to see if Regulation 16 and the SEA consultation can be run simultaneously.
- Steering Group AGREED AK can pass on the SNP to Senior Government planner. She thinks many villages will want to use our Plan as a template.
- Basic conditions Statement
- The minor adjustments that had been made were APPROVED
- Revised Consultation Statement Version 1.3
- This was APPROVED
- Health Check -Thursday 21st Feb
- Agreed AL will purchase refreshments for the meeting
- Landmark Chambers Advice
- Meeting questioned the advice given which suggested we cannot carry out an NDO and keep it in the greenbelt.
- Advice suggested the development numbers were too dense for the greenbelt in Shenley
- Hertsmere Borough council
- Still ongoing issues
- Meeting with Aecon, HBC & NDO
- NB hoping to confirm a date for a meeting in mid-March
- Confirmed they will look at our case and assist
- SM’s article will be published in the Feb edition of SVM
- Next Public Meeting to be arranged, most likely early April
- Any Other Business
- Group hug
- Date of next meeting
- Next Steering Group meeting – Tuesday 26th