Hertsmere Borough Council
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Election of Parish Councillors
For the Area of
SHENLEY PARISH COUNCIL
To be held on
Thursday 6th May 2021
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT
- An election is to be held for TWO Parish Councillors for the said Parish.
- Nomination papers may be obtained, during normal office hours, from the Returning Officer at the address shown below.
- Completed nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer at the offices of Hertsmere Borough Council, at the address shown below, on any day after the date of this notice, during normal office hours but not later than 4pm on Thursday 8th April.
- If the election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday 6th May 2021 between the hours of 7am and 10pm
- Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Monday 19th April 2021. Applications can be made online at gov.uk/register-to-vote
- Electors should take note that the deadline for new applications to vote by post or to change existing postal or proxy arrangements e.g. cancellation or re-direction must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the address shown below by 5pm on Tuesday 20th April 2021 if they are to be effective for this election.
- New applications to vote by proxy must be received by the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Tuesday 27th April 2021.
- Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on the grounds of physical incapacity, for work/service reasons or attendance at a training or educational course must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Hertsmere Borough Council, Civic Offices, Elstree Way, Borehamwood WD6 1WA by 5pm on Thursday 6 May 2021. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021. To apply on the grounds of work/service or attendance at a training or educational course, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021.
Dated: Friday 19th March 2021
Hertsmere Borough Council,