How can I give feedback on the Hertsmere Local Plan?
The Local Plan is under consultation from now until 6 December, so you need to submit any comments you have by this deadline.
There are many ways to give feedback:
- On the online portal: You can view the document and leave comments on the Hertsmere Consultation Portal (opens in a new tab). Please note: You will need to create a login to comment online.
- By email: Email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Post: Post your responses to: Planning Strategy Team, Hertsmere Borough Council, Civic Offices, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, Herts WD6 1WA.
- By paper feedback form: Forms are available from Shenley Post Office or by calling Hertsmere Customer Services : 0208 207 2277.
You can also provide feedback by filling out an online survey on the Hertsmere Local Plan website (opens in a new tab) – however, we are not recommending this method as it contains questions that are potentially leading, and only allows a maximum of 250 words.
Please Note: Comments on social media will not be considered as feedback by Hertsmere Council Planning Team.
In addition to sharing feedback directly to Hertsmere Council, you may wish to also write to:
- Councillor Dr Harvey Cohen, Portfolio Holder for Planning and Localism : Cllr.Harvey.Cohen@hertsmere.gov.uk
- Councillor Morris Bright, Leader of Hertsmere Council and Shenley’s County Councillor : Cllr.Morris.Bright@hertsmere.gov.uk
And please do make sure our MP knows he must reduce the Government’s housing targets for Hertsmere’s Green Belt:
- Oliver Dowden, MP for Hertsmere: Oliver@OliverDowden.com
What kind of comments can I make?
There are no restrictions on what you can write in your comments. However, your comment will hold more weight if it considers certain factors such as:
- Government requirement to propose sustainable development
- Impact on Road Traffic, Safety and Journey Times
- Lack of public transport
- Lack of other infrastructure to support proposed level of development e.g. doctor’s surgery, schools
- Impact on specific roads (e.g. narrow, heavy traffic already…)
- References to government guidelines on Localism, Sustainable Development, NPPF guidelines on preserving the Green Belt… Case Law…..
We have put together a set of documentation to give you ideas for your feedback, and help you format your response.
We will be adding to this over the next couple of weeks, please check back regularly.
- Automated email template to send to Hertsmere Planning Department (external website, opens in new tab) – This site auto-generates an email to Hertsmere Planning with objections to the Local Plan, including Shenley-specific sites. The template is based on the Shenley Parish Council response to the Local Plan.
- Factsheet for Shenley: Summary Notes & Feedback (PDF, opens in a new tab)– A two page summary of the Parish Council presentation from October, giving information about various sites that might affect Shenley and ideas for comments that you may wish to include in your feedback to Hertsmere.
- CPRE Hertfordshire Review of Hertsmere Local Plan (opens in a new tab) – CPRE Hertfordshire’s report expresses significant concerns with the Plan regarding the following: a) Emphasis on economic growth at the expense of nature and the environment; b) Lack of protection of Green Belt as a Strategic Objective for the Plan; c) Overprovision of housing based on out-of-date data; d) Failure to address climate change; e)Underestimation of the opportunities for regeneration and reuse of previously developed land.
- Shenley Parish Council’s Consultee Response (PDF, opens in a new tab)– Letter from Shenley Parish Council to Hertsmere Borough Council in response to the Draft Local Plan. This can be used for ideas for your comments.