Shenley Cage & Pond
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Hertsmere Borough Council
Election of Parish Councillors
For the area of
SHENLEY PARISH COUNCIL
To be held on Thursday, 4th May 2023
- NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN THAT
An election is to be held for NINE Parish Councillors for the said Parish.
- Nomination papers may be obtained, during normal office hours, from the Returning Officer at the address shown below.
- Completed nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer at the offices of Hertsmere Borough Council, at the address shown below, on any day from the date of this notice, during normal office hours but not later than 4pm on Tuesday, 4th April 2023.
- If the election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday, 4th May 2023 between the hours of 7:00am and 10.00pm.
- Electors should take note that the deadline for new applications to vote by post or to change existing postal or proxy arrangements e.g. cancellation or re-direction must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the address shown below by 5pm on Tuesday, 18th April 2023 if they are to be effective for this election.
- New applications to vote by proxy must be received by the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Tuesday, 25th April 2023.
- Applications for a Voter Authority Certificate or an Anonymous Elector’s Document valid for this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Tuesday, 25th April 2023. Applications for a Voter Authority Certificate can be made online at voter- authority-certificate.service.gov.uk.
- The deadline for new applications to be received by the Electoral Registration Officer to vote by proxy on grounds of occupation, service or employment or a medical condition, illness or disability arising after 5pm on Tuesday, 25th April 2023 is not later than 5pm on Thursday, 4th May 2023.
Dated: Wednesday, 15th March 2023
Sajida Bijle Returning Officer
Hertsmere Borough Council, Civic Offices
Herts WD6 1WA
Text copied from printed document published by Hertsmere Borough Council.Click here to see the document (pdf file)
Council Meeting & Events
Shenley Parish Council meetings are normally on the first Tuesday of the month, unless otherwise stated.
Planned Meeting up till May 2023:
- Tue 4th April
- Tue 2nd May, Annual Parish Council Meeting
If you need to contact the Parish Clerk about anything please visit Contact page.
For past minutes of any previous Parish Meeting please visit Parish Documents page.
Below are the up and coming Parish Meeting and Agenda:
Coronation Picnic in the Park
Sunday 7th May 2023 from 3pm
Harris Lane playing field, Shenley
Bring a picnic and chairs or blanket
Music to enjoy
Open to all the family
Recording of Public Meeting - 11 February 2023
Bus route 357
UPDATE FROM HERTFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
- Following the lack of responses to the tender process, Officers have been unable to find an operator willing to take on the full service for the six week period until an operator takes over the service in mid-February. This is due to driver shortages and mobilisation issues over this short time period.
- However, the operator Red Rose Travel has agreed to operate a ‘slimmed-down’ timetable between 2nd January and February half term, after which the full timetable will operate.
- This service requires two buses rather than four, so the timetable will be more limited, but does provide journeys at key times of the day and reduces the need to provide for all entitled school movements on separate transport (attached is the timetable that will cover 2nd January to mid-February)
- However, Officers do need to consider services for students entitled to free transport to school as follows:
- HCC will need to cover the peak-hour service from St Albans to Borehamwood and 15.15 return. Officers are putting these journeys out to tender to see if there is operator interest with response by Friday 16th. This is a peak-hour journey into Borehamwood, so is likely to be popular and not just carry students. In the event there is no interest, officers will look to procuring the vehicles under contract required to take entitled students to various schools in Borehamwood.
- KWS is largely covered by existing bus routes on services 366 and 610 in the morning, but is likely to require duplication of bus service 811 for six weeks, particularly in the afternoons. Officers are approaching the operator concerned today.
- Sandringham School requirements are completely covered by the slimmed down timetable.
- Other entitled students can be accommodated on other local bus routes (e.g. the 84 between London Colney and St Albans), though some of these students may need to be re-ticketed. These students will be contacted individually, as required
- The normal timetable will recommence on the Sunday 12th February
- A notice will be placed on the Intalink website to confirm the new arrangements in due course and schools affected will also be contacted with the updated arrangements
This year’s outing is booked for WEDNEDAY 14TH DECEMBER, and we will be going to The Savoy Theatre for a matinee showing of the hit musical COME FROM AWAY. The pick-up will be from Andrews Close (Tesco Stores) at 12.30. We aim to be back in Shenley by 7.30pm. For anyone who may require it there is plenty of room on the coaches to store wheelchairs and walking aids.
Any Senior Citizen resident in the Parish of Shenley is eligible to come along. There is a donation of £37.50 per person and this includes return coach travel and some of the best seats in the house. Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
If you know any senior citizens who are interested please ask use the contact us, from the top right.
Parish Council Clerk
The 1st Shenley Rainbow unit urgently need more volunteers in order to stay open.
Beth Bean whose daughter currently attends the unit expressed her determination to save the group on Facebook.
She wrote: “If we cannot find anyone by December then the unit will have to close which will be so sad for the children who go each Friday and love it. This role is voluntary but very rewarding”.
Can you, or perhaps someone you know stop this well-loved unit from closing? The Rainbows have a very long association with Shenley Village, taking an active part in the Community Summer Fetes and Autumn Apple Days. So many youngsters have enjoyed their time as Rainbows in Shenley.
Girlguiding leader Nicola Day said: “We have a super team of Young Volunteers but need at least one more adult helper to make things work. We know that many Girlguiding leaders work full time, so we are looking to run a flexible leadership team which will make it easier for everyone to volunteer. We need this additional support to keep our active unit running.” If you are able help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org